All Delphi Technology applications are built on a shared technology platform providing unparalleled flexibility, openness, reliability, and performance. Our platform is designed and built on a completely modern architecture to meet the specific needs of the insurance industry today and provides the crucial “genetic makeup” to meet their expanding and evolving needs for the future.
- Velocity applications are built in Java for the cloud, with database and application server neutrality, and multi-tenancy out-of-the-box.
- Velocity is 100% browser-independent and device neutral.
- Web service APIs enable Velocity applications to integrate seamlessly into a service-oriented architecture and interact with any other applications in any technology.
The Velocity platform provides a set of core technology components that provide critical building blocks and services to all Velocity applications, including
- Business Process Management – gives insurers the ability to define their insurance processes involving multiple activities and actions, with exceptions and escalations as appropriate.
- Configuration – allows insurers to extend the application data model and screens using logical, easily-understandable steps to support the whole spectrum of business requirements from rate updates, to adding / changing underwriting rules, to adding / updating pages and fields, to rolling out new product lines or expanding into new markets.
- Integration – provides a variety of integration mechanisms, including a suite of web services APIs, event-based messaging, and the ability to add integration adaptors at any point in the application; data can be exchanged in any format, including ACORD XML or IAA.
- Security – provides mechanisms for controlling who has access to an application, what functionality he or she can use, and what data he or she can edit.
Delphi’s technology platform enables insurers to reduce long-term cost of ownership by consolidating on a single suite of applications and enjoy the following benefits:
- Insurers gain complete control over their core applications due to the extensive configurability of the Velocity platform with the ability to modify and extend processing workflows by using repositories of the out-of-the-box components and/or custom components. Critical new functionality can be delivered in rapid succession.
- Users benefit from responsive, easy-to-use applications in the cloud or on premise, and multiple scalability options as business demands grow.
- The robust integration layer means that insurers can integrate their core applications with other systems inside or outside the enterprise.
- Insurers can share a common set of skills and knowledge across their core systems portfolio, and business and IT team members who know how to configure, write business rules for, or integrate with one Delphi application can immediately work with any other Delphi application.